Thursday, January 31, 2008

My Theology Teacher is an A-hole



So today in class we were supposed to have a certain book with us.  Apparently a lot of students forgot the book and the teacher began asking the students without the book, "why don't you have your book?" "I forgot, I forgot, I forgot," were the answers from everyone until it got to me.  Well I knew that all those students didn't just "forget" and I knew that I didn't just "forget", so I decided I wouldn't lie about it.  When he asked me why I didn't have my book I told him that I had a lot of books already in my bag and that since we hadn't been using the books hardly at all that I didn't bring them because I assumed we wouldn't need them and I didn't want to lug around the extra weight of three books.  Well instead of applauding my honesty he gave me hell.  He asked me "HAVE YOU EVEN BEEN IN CLASS!!!??? HAVE YOU BEEN LISTENING!!!???"  I told him that I had and that I take notes everyday.  I don't know, I think it was super lame of him to both call me out in front of the class and also to get so pissed off because I didn't like to him.  I mean I guess I could have taken the easy way out and said that I misplaced it or forgot it or whatever, but I think it's more important to tell the truth and upset someone then it is to lie and be totally comfortable with it.  So anyways my cat was discovered yesterday.  I might not be able to keep her.  I am freaking out.  She's like my child.  So anyways, pray that something works out to where I can keep her or at least get her back by the end of the semester.  Ok, peace out.  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hahaha at the pictures of your teacher.

as regards your cat, i'll be taking this up with God later today. you must be allowed to keep her!

Hannah Elisabeth said...

I applaud your honesty....

Sometimes teachers are......just ridiculous.

I am sorry about the cat being found haha....hope you can keep her though.

And if I haven't mentioned it enough, I'm really, truly, honestly glad you are here.

Love.

Ruth Allen Bryant said...

I'm sorry about your teacher. If I were you, I'd talk to him not in front of the class and tell him that your aim was to be honest. He may respect you for it, or if he truly is ridiculous he may act like a donkey's rectum again. It's worth a shot.

I think I know what you know that "they" don't know. ???

Love you.