Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I have a cat


So I haven't written in awhile.  A lot has happened.  I went to the Dominica Republic and that went really well.  We flew into Puerta Plata and then went to a place called crossroads ministry.  We did a lot of ministry in the Haitian villages there and then after that we spent one night in Jarabacoa at the boarding school/rehab, Escuela Caribe, where I was a student.  The next morning we went to a small town called Boma and did ministry there for four days with a guy named Enrique.  We mostly did manual labor and a couple of children's services.  After that we went back to Escuela Caribe in Jarabacoa and spent our last couple days there.  I got to lead worship for sunday morning and youth group, and also was able to preach at the sunday morning church service which went surprisingly well.  I took about 800 pictures.  Aside from that christmas was really good and I got some pretty cool stuff.  I just started college at Lee University and I freakin love it.  My roommate is totally cool and I think I will have a good semester.  Finally, we got a cat.  Well, I found a lady giving them away for free, and I got one and so now we have a cat that we secretly keep in our dorm room.  Her name is Shisha (she-sha).  So that's all for now.  Byebye.  

3 comments:

carolineb said...

I won't tell anyone at Lee about your cat. It'll be easy since I don't know anyone at Lee. Glad you are happy there!

Ruth Allen Bryant said...

Have you forgiven me? Shesha is cute. Glad you are enjoying Lee.

margaretdurham said...

awww...i love your cute cat! where did her name come from?? glad you are enjoying school. i miss you! - meg