Wednesday, December 12, 2007

IT WASN'T ME, IT WAS THE PESTO GOBLINS...



I am tired.  I have only one exam and two homework assignments left and I am done with CIU.  Someone asked me today why I was leaving because I had so many friends here (she had noticed me saying hello to most of the people who were walking past us).  I answered in an almost rehearsed tone: "I like having a lot of friends here; I'd rather leave on a good note than a bad one."  I don't think that I have a lot of friends here.  I have a lot of people whose names I know, and I think a lot of people would say that I was friendly, but not necessarily their friend.  But it got me to thinking that I guess I do, in a way, care a little bit about my reputation here.  I mean, if I never come back to CIU then people will always remember me the way that they last saw me, and I guess for the sake of memories I'd want them to have a positive impression.  Christmas is only 13 days away and I suppose I am fairly excited.  Not so much for the actual day, but really because I can be back home.  I never realized how much I loved my house and town and family and friends until I was away from them.  I'm sure someone has written a country song explaining this idea much better than I have.  So I bought some books the other day because I wanted to feel intelligent.  I like reading, and I even like the authors of the books I bought, but I really have no idea when I am going to find time and enough motivation to read the books.  I've bought 4 books this semester, and two of those books are compilations of a lot of stories (works of Edgar Allen Poe and Mark Twain) and then one of the books is part one and two of Alice's' Adventures in Wonderland.  SO really I have like 15 books.  I am almost done with the first Alice in Wonderland story, which is really good, but I think I enjoy too many things.  I like guitar, food, music, movies, etc... and so I fill my free time with all these things and rarely complete anything that I start.  For example, I have been trying to write a song for the last two days, yet I always seem to begin something new before finishing what I first started.  I am feeling overwhelmed.  I have a test to study for, a couple homework assignments, then I go home.  Freedom!!!.... oh wait, no.  Not yet anyways, because I leave for Columbia on the 27th to do prep work for the the Dominican Republic on the 29th.  Since I am preaching a church service at Escuela Caribe I will be preparing for that during Christmas break, and also I am leading worship for two services and so I will be working on that as well.  Then I get back on the 6th or 7th of Jan 08' and I am leaving for Lee University on the 8th, or possibly the 7th.  I have to move in by myself and register during that day which is three days later than I should have gotten there.  It is a lot to deal with, but I think that if I start my semester off really busy then I might be able to not feel so overwhelmed as time proceeds.  I really need to get a job next semester as well.  Alright, well it is only 11 in the morning and so I might write again later.  I noticed how most people on here don't write everyday, some only once or twice a month.  I don't want ramble on day after day but I think I will be writing more often than others... probably because I have enough free time since I'm twenty, single, childless, addicted to the internet and about to be on Christmas break.  Cheers. 

3 comments:

Ruth Allen Bryant said...

what is a pesto goblin? I can't wait to see you over the holidays and I am SOOO jealous that I won't get to see you preach or lead worship! rats!

Ruth Allen Bryant said...

ALSO...the link that you have for The Bryant's..."I love these people, you can too" blog is an old blog that I messed up on, so delete that link and I will eventually remember the password to it and delete the blog...the chronicle blog is our only one.

Bekah said...

patrick!! you're a blogger... we get to know what goes on in your head!
-bekah