Thursday, December 13, 2007

I'm Freakin' Finished!





             
Well I am officially done with CIU.  I am leaving saturday morning, but all my classes are over.  That's a picture of me saying "yes!" The other is one of what is to come this weekend (don't worry it is filled with Shesha (fruit, tobacco and syrup...) not pot). I am such a loser.  So when you finish up at CIU you are off what we call "standards".  Standards are basically the rules that you agree to and they say that you can't smoke, drink, watch R rated movies, dance, have sex outside of marriage, etc... while you are attending here.  I didn't really struggle with the last two, but the first I guess were pretty tough because I used to smoke a lot and still enjoy a clove or hookah every now and again, and most of my friends drink and when I am with my family I like to partake in a glass of wine or something.... but now I am officially allowed to do those things without worrying about getting caught (yes, without getting caught because I still broke some of those rules before, but at least I can do it without guilt now).  I'm not saying I am a chain smoker, and I don't get drunk anymore, so it's not like I am about to liberate my freedom to waste myself, but I am looking forward to being able to do things with a clear conscience.  So I made up a joke the other day... get ready to laugh your face off: Patrick: "Hey, have you ever been to Belize?"  Jessica: "No".  Patrick: "Oh, well you should go, I've heard it's Unbelizeable!"  HAHAHAHAHA! I'm sorry that I just totally built you up and let you down.  It wasn't that funny, but the times where I write jokes are few and far in between.  I am sitting in my Old Testament class, it was an optional class but we were told that if we were just there, physically, then we would get 2 extra points on our final grade for the class... so you better believe I came.  You know after a summer camp how they put microphones out front and have people come up to the front and share their wonderful experiences... well this is what they are doing for the Old Testament class.  I think it's kinda lame.  I mean, there are people who are obviously up there just for the sake of attention, trying to be funny and they just aren't funny... but they probably have bigger balls than I do because I wouldn't want to go up there and humiliate myself.  I love spell check, honestly, I would probably do a draft of every post in MS Word before posting it up here.  Man, I feel so uncomfortable when people get up in front of everyone and they kinda open up with a joke and then they say the "serious phrase" and then you know that the talk is about to take a very personal and serious turn.  Well this lady just did that and I was having a good time and all and then she did the "serious phrase" and my stomach dropped... you know what I mean? Like I got really uncomfortable because I don't want to know the deep personal issues of this woman.  Well I think I am going to go and clean out my room.  I have a lot of stuff to get packed up and not a lot of time to do it in.  I cannot wait to get home and see my friends and family, I have a really attractive family and I'm tired of looking at all these ugly South Carolinians.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

1. You called me Jessica. I'm still getting used to people using my full name around me, but I don't mind as much anymore as I used to.
2. I'm awfully glad I'm not a South Carolinian, because then I'd be afraid that you thought I was ugly.
3. Seriously, though...I am glad today is Thursday and not Friday because that means you're still around for two more days. Sorry if I got too uncomfortable and personal just then.
4. I love you a lot, you've been my best friend.

Ruth Allen Bryant said...

That hooka thing is so nasty looking. You're too cute for that heinous accessory.