Monday, May 5, 2008

Has this ever happened to you?

I have had a few weird experiences recently.  Well, when I think about it I guess these experiences, or things similar to them, have happened many times throughout my life, but only recently have I been as aware of them... which is strange because they are experiences that are a result of being unaware.  
Okay first: I was housesitting for the really baller house this week and just got home today.  The house was one of the nicer of the houses in a neighborhood which starts out in the $900,000.  So I guess I should call it an estate.  Well, I lost my shoes one day and I was looking everywhere for them.  I looked under the bed, on every counter, couch and chair.  In every corner and inside the fridge...  The Fridge... ??
Another thing that happened to me was when I couldn't find my keys.  I must have looked for 10 minutes before realizing they were in my hand.  
This one is pretty good... I was trying to turn on the celling fan cause it was hot as armpit in the room I was sleeping in, especially when all the dogs would crowd on the bed with me.  Julia was over with her 9 year old cousin, who she was baby sitting for.  I pulled that stupid cord thing on fans that changes the speed like 30 times and the fan never came on until Julia's 9 year old cousin came in and turned on the light switch and then, like magic, the fan came on too.  
I think I saved the best for last, but maybe not...  Actually you might not have thought any of these were funny, but I like to laugh at myself.  So I am home now... I am laying on the couch where I will sleep since my room is a disaster and I haven't finished painting it yet.  Well, I did the whole process that I go through when I lay down on the couch with my computer... I did everything plus one extra motion.  I put the pillows up against one arm rest, I laid down, I put the computer on my lap and angled the screen so that I could see it and be laying down at the same time, and then I reached over with my right hand to my left side to grab the seat belt and buckle myself in... into the couch... wow.  SO that is what inspired this blog.  Have any of you ever done anything like that?  Leave me comments and let me know.  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i want a seat belt for my couch.

your shoes were in the fridge? perhaps you like them chilled?

haha love you.

Hannah Elisabeth said...

hahah that made me laugh. cause i definitely have done stuff like that and been like what the heck i'm crazy...but i've definitely searched all over for my glasses in the morning a couple times for like 10-15 min. when I'd been wearing them the whole time. ha!

ManUtd17 said...

I regularly adjust my glasses -- pushing them up on my nose -- when I'm wearing my contacts.